Apollo Quartz – Technical Specifications
Apollo® Quartz is made from 93% quartz with the remaining 7% polymer binder.
- Complete with polished finish.
- Ideal for vanity tops, worksurfaces, cladding etc.
- Extremely hard, 7 on the ‘Moh’s Hardness scale’.
- The quartz used coupled with highperformance, stain resistant polymers results in a durable, non-porous, chemical resistant surface.
- Apollo® Quartz keeps its lustrous gloss and ultra-smooth surface without polishing. Because it is non-porous, it does not require sealants or waxes.
Apollo® Quartz joints are finished with a small ariss to the top edge. Silicone sealant is applied to prevent water ingression.
Due to thermal expansion Apollo® Quartz can expand up to 1mm per metre. A gap of at least 3mm should be left at each end of the worktop when fitted and filled with decorators caulk. When Apollo® Quartz is joined to other materials (such as glass, steel or wood) an elastic type of adhesive, for example polyurethane, is required for expansion.
Overhangs and supports
Any overhang extending more than 300mm must be supported.
Hob & Sink cutouts
- A minimum of 120mm is required between two hob cutout.
- A minimum of 100mm is required between hob and sink cutouts.
- A minimum of 50mm is required between two sink cutouts.
- Sink cutouts are placed a minimum 50mm from the worktop front edge.
Internal profile edges on all edge detail other than bevel edge must have a radius of at least 60mm. Bevel edges don’t have this constraint as they are hand finished.
Upstands should ideally be 100mm high, as material less than this height is extremely fragile. Upstands are not normally cut from the same slab as the worksurfaces, therefore an exact colour match is not possible.
Apollo® Quartz upstands are straight and rigid, gaps will be visible where there are variations in the wall profile. Plastering or tiling should ideally be completed after the worksurface installation.
Apollo® Quartz is scratch resistant but not scratch proof. Small scratches less than 25mm in length are considered within tolerance by the manufacturer and are considered acceptable.
Stainless Steel Sinks
Please specify the preferred undermounting of Stainless Steel Sinks. Silicone sealant may be rendered ineffective when plumbing the sink in, it is important that the sink is re-sealed by the plumber, or the 12 months guarantee will be invalid if the work is not carried out.
If a waste disposal unit is fitted to an undermounted sink after installation, additional support will be required, otherwise your warranty may be invalidated.
For installations you will need to supply additional labour on orders which have worktops weighing above 150kg. Every additional 75kg requires an extra person to assist with lifting.
Size of ‘scant’ or ‘slab’, is a major factor in selecting the maximum usable length of a work surface. Approximately 3m x 1.3m is the largest work surface we are able to manufacture, this may be drastically reduced if you require a cutout.
Due to the weight of Apollo® Quartz, please ensure that your units are level and securely fixed.